2.

Wednesday 11 June 2014

Luckybox #4

I must say that the Luckybox option from Memebox is the best option, IMHO. If you are new to Memebox and Korean beauty products then these are the boxes for you. You get the best bang for your buck @ $23 a box. This box was no exception, it had a total value of $92.97.
 
In this box I received the following products:
  1. Miguhara B.P. Cream X 2 @ 3ml each (Full size 30ml @ $37)
  2. Holika Holika Skin & Good Cera Super Cream 10ml (Full Size 60ml @ $19)
  3. CNP Laboratory Cleansing Perfecta 50ml (Full size 150ml @ $23)
  4. Glory Nail Vegan Lacquer Full size $20
  5. Mamonde First Energy Serum 10ml (Full size 100ml @ $27)
  6. Goodal Repair Plus Essential Oil 15ml (Full size 100ml @ $48)
  7. Heart Face Ultra Pore Care Sleeping Pack 20ml (Full size 100ml @ $49)
  8. LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence 20ml (Full size 50ml @ $32)
  9. Gowoonsesang Bing Bling BB Cream 45ml @ $24
 
From this box I found my absolute favourite product and new Holy Grail BB cream. The Dr. G BB cream has got to be my new favourite makeup product. It has great coverage, leaves your skin with a beautiful healthy glow, and protects your skin too! The fact that it has an SPF of 35 blows me away because I hate using sunscreen on my face because it always feels oily. This product does the two things I want smooth out my complexion and protect. The only thing you should know that could be considered a downside for some is that it has some fine shimmer in it. At first I wasn't crazy about that element, but now that it is summer I am really enjoying the glow it gives. I have ordered Nakedbox #16 just so that I can get a backup of this product. Please put this in the memeshop!
 
 
 
 
Following in the makeup side of things is the Miguhara B.P. Cream. The samples are small at first look, but you get two and trust me they will last a long time! This is both a primer and a BB cream. Just as all good primers do, it leaves your skin feeling very silky and smooth. It also is oil free and helps control excessive sebum. The one thing that I do not like about this product at all is how strongly scented it is. I am not a fan of scented products on my face so that is a bit disappointing.
 

 
 
 
This box also had a nail polish in it. Now I am very loyal to the nail polish brand Julep so I don't have many different kinds of polish, but I was impressed by this one. I received the colour HEUKIMJA which is a very shiny gunmetal colour. It is in a very sleekly styled bottle as well, high end looking. You can put one coat for a more sheer shiny gray or put a second coat on and have full opacity. The formula dries very quickly which I love because I am not patient waiting for nails to dry. The only downside to this product that I have found so far is the smell. All nail polishes have a strong smell, but this one lingers on your nails for a very long time after application. Once on the nails it has an almost mildewy smell. Other than that I will get a lot of use out of it because I didn't have a polish this colour in my collection.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Moving on from makeup products we have a powerful waterproof makeup and Sunblock remover in CNP Laboratory Cleansing Perfecta. This product has a permanent place on my shower shelf because it is sometime the only thing that removes my Sunblock fully. When I wash my face I want to make sure it is squeaky clean and I get that feeling with this. It is also gentle on my eyes, which are very sensitive to products.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The next three products I have mixed feelings about. The first being The Holika Holika cream. At first I was disappointed in the small size of the sample because of how much people talk about this product. After cracking it open, however, I didn't find it was anything overly exciting. It has a medium herbal scent to it, very greasy feeling in the container and stays a little "sticky" when on the skin. It says it is mainly for you face, but I will use this on my elbows probably in the winter. No repurchase here.
 
 
 
 
The next product I have flip flopped on is the Mamonde serum. It is refreshing when applied to the skin and absorbs quite well. It is a bit perfumed, but in no way is it a strong smell. I have never used a product made of Flower Vinegar so that was interesting! The only reason I am not sure about how I feel about this yet is because I don't really see any visual cues to show it is doing anything. I will continue using it until it is done, but I doubt I would search it out to repurchase.
 
 
The last product I am on the fence about is the Essential Oil. This is made from 7 kinds of sure seeds, olive, argan, macadamia, jojoba, sunflower seeds, green tea seeds, and camellia. It is meant to hydrate and firm the skin while enhancing your complexion. I can tell that this is a great product, I think it would be great in a hair mask. I have been using it on my nails and cuticles like suggested and have seen a difference in their texture. I could not use it on my face, however, because of how strongly herbal the smell is. I love the smell, but it ended up giving me a headache after using on my face. That made me sad, but I will get use out of this in all the other areas it suggested.
 
 
 
 
 
In a previous box I have received the LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence so please check out the Luckybox #2 review for my full review. Hint: I love this product!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Finally, in this box I received the Heart Face sleeping cream. I really liked what I saw the few times I have used this product. I think I need to give it more time and use it more consistently to get the true effects though. When I would wake up after wearing it at night, my face was brighter and more awake looking. The texture of this cream is very interesting. It is almost what I would consider a jell consistency and that makes the application very hydration feeling. Considering its goal is to provide moisture all night to your skin, I think it is the perfect formula. After application your skin stays cool and refreshed feeling for quite a while and it absorbs very quickly. In the morning it is mandatory that you wash your face because there is build up on it. I do like this product and would be happy receiving another sample of it in another lucky box ;).
 
 
This box may not have had as much value as the #2 did, but it had 9 different products for me to test run and sometimes that outways high value. Especially seeing as my whole goal in buying these boxes is to experience new products I would never get a chance to otherwise. Once again, Luckybox  for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment